17 calls, 11 emails, 15 SMSes, and numerous follow-ups later, your sales rep is still not done working. The story continues with umpteen number of proposals, multiple negotiations, and lots of back and forth of contracting before a deal is finally closed.
As evident, sales is not for everyone. The most successful sales reps are the ones doing all the above activities persistently and finding other creative ways to meet their targets. In short, success in sales is a function of perseverance, patience, and motivation.
But even the most self-motivated salespeople sometimes need a push. Because life is not all sunshine and rainbows, and whether we like it or not there will always be gloomy days. For all those high-performing sales reps, here are some really powerful quotes that can raise your spirit and inspire you to do more and be more.
Sales quotes to keep you going
- “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” - Jim Rohn
- “Accountability breeds responsibility.“ – Stephen Covey
- “You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction.” - George Lorimer
- “Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.” - Dalai Lama
- "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison
- Motivation will almost always beat mere talent." - Norman Ralph Augustine
- "Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible." - Tony Robbins
- “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.” - Henry Ford
- "I got lucky because I never gave up the search. Are you quitting too soon? Or are you willing to pursue luck with a vengeance?" ― Jill Konrath
- ‘The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark.’ - Michelangelo
Sales quotes to drive you to build the pipe
- “The key is not to call the decision-maker. The key is to have the decision maker call you.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
- "It's not what you sell. It's how you sell it." – Dharmesh Shah
- “Honest & transparent content is the best sales tool...in the world. Period.” - Marcus Sheridan
- "Buyers don’t believe anything you have to say to them about your product or service until they first believe in you.” – Deb Calvert
- “Care enough to create value for customers. If you get that part right, selling is easy.” – Anthony Iannarino
- “Prospects are making their purchase decision based on whether they think you understand their problems and you have the knowledge, resources, and commitment to solving them.” – Trish Bertuzzi
- “My goal is not to get you to buy what I’m selling, but rather my goal is to get you to invest in the outcome you will receive when you buy from me.” - Mark Hunter
- “If you want to be really productive, give yourself a quota. Meet at least three new people every day, and get their contact info.” - Ryan Serhant
Sales quotes to help you close deals
- Life is a series of sales situations, and the answer is no if you don't ask. - Patricia Fripp
- “Filter everything you’re doing, saying and pitching and you’ll improve just about every metric you care about today.” – Matt Heinz
- “The way you position yourself at the beginning of a relationship has a profound impact on where you end up.” – Ron Karr
- “The No. 1 key to success in today’s sales environment is speed. The salesperson who delivers the most valuable information to their customer or prospect first, wins the game.” – Dave Orrico
- “Always be closing… That doesn’t mean you’re always closing the deal, but it does mean you need to be always closing on the next step in the process.” – Shane Gibson
- “I like to think of sales as the ability to gracefully persuade, not manipulate, a person or persons into a win-win situation.” – Bo Bennett
- ‘The biggest risk is not taking any risk…in a world that is changing really quickly, the only strategy guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.’ - Mark Zuckerberg
Motivational Sales Quotes from Movies
- “Don’t ever let someone tell you, you can’t do something. Not even me. You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they want to tell you you can’t do it. You want something, go get it. Period. All right?” – Chris Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness
- “There is no such thing as a no sale call. A sale is made on every call you make. Either you sell the client some stock or he sells you a reason he can’t. Either way a sale is made, the only question is who is gonna close? You or him? Now be relentless, that’s it, I’m done.” – Jim Young, Boiler Room
- “Success is a menace. It fools smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” – Bill Gates, Pirates of Silicon Valley
- “Do or do not. There is no ‘try’.” – Yoda, Star Wars
- “Think big, think positive, never show any sign of weakness. Always go for the throat. Buy low, sell high.” - Louis Winthorp III, Trading Places
- "You're a shark. Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep." - Steve Castle, Futurama
Salespeople need the occasional push during dark and dingy times. When the target weighs hefty on your shoulders and the next biggest customer seems out of reach, remember who you are and what you are capable of. Most importantly stay positive pondering over the above sales quotes we put together for you.
Now that you're all pumped up, read this ebook on 30 sales sequences that high-performing sales teams use and get closing.